Home Spring 2010
to Dr. Lyons
[ Calendar10:10 | PortWebsite
| StuWebs | Port1 | 2 |
3 | 4 | 5
| 6 | Showcase
[ Ch 1 |
2 | 3 |
4 | 5 |
6 | 7 |
8 | 9 |
10 | 11 | 12 | 13
| 14 || AppDatabase |
Ex1 | 2 |
3 | 4 | 5
| 6 | 7
[ HW 1| 2 |
3 | 4 |
| Career1| 2
CareerLinks ] [
SJU Closing ] [H1N1SelfAssessment]
Portfolio Exercise 4 - Add
Showcase and Homepage Text
Use Microsoft Word to modify your website homepage,
update the four paragraphs below your name. They are the introduction,
passion, short term career tactic, and long term career strategy. Make them
consistent with the results of your Career Exercises. This file is
- Drag and drop copies of your three best work pieces
from other folders on your computer to your working copy of the port folder
located in your Mgt4322 folder on your computer. These work pieces may
be duplicates of wordprocessed documents and/or workbooks included in
Exercises 2 and 3. If so, it is not necessary to recopy them.
- To do this with Windows XP, click Start on the TaskBar,
located in the lower left corner of your screen. Then click MyComputer.
Change the ExplorerBar to Folders by clicking View Menu, ExplorerBar,
With Windows Vista, click the Windows button located in the lower left
corner of your screen. Then click Documents.
- Click folders until you locate the
port folder located in your Mgt4322 folder.
- Now, click folders until you locate one of the best
of your work pieces that you would like to include in your portfolio website.
- Hold down the Ctrl Key while you drag and drop
a copy of that file to the port folder.
- Repeat this process for two more work pieces.
- Your port folder
should appear similar to the screen image in Portfolio Exercise 2, Step 1, except that
there will be three additional files.
- Use Microsoft Word to modify your website navigation page
for the Showcase. This file is named Showcase.htm.Also
include how this skill will make you a better business professional.
- To do this, open
Microsoft Word, click File Menu, Open.
- Double click folders until you
reach the port folder in your Mgt4322 folder.
- Then, double click Showcase.htm. The screen
image will be similar to that for Portfolio Exercise 2, Step 2, except that
the title will be Showcase, not Wordprocessed Documents.
- For each file, create a short descriptive title.
- For each file, create the hyperlink for the
Selecting the file title as shown in Portfolio
Exercise 2, Step 2
Clicking on the Insert menu
and the Hyperlink... option (the Insert Hyperlink window appears)
Clicking on the file name you wish to link to,
Note by PJL (2010Feb6):
Deleting any path folders so that only the filename remains, and
- For each file, create a 25-150 word description that
refers to an explicit part of the file explaining how the file illustrates
an important skill you have developed. For examples, see the Showcase
www.patlyons.com/m4322/hw/Showcase.htm or the previous semesters
portfolios with YYY3 under Exercise 4.
- Change Joan Q. Student to your name.
Use Microsoft Windows Explorer with
ftp://stupub.stjohns.edu/ to drag and drop
your modified copy of the entire port
folder from your Mgt4322 folder to your stupub website.
This will copy all your best work pieces files and your updated Showcase.htm file.
- To do this, modify Steps 2.a-d above, as appropriate.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (not Word) to print and submit your modified stupub
- To do this, open Microsoft Windows Explorer (as in Step
1.a above) and key in
- Enter your Username and password.
- If necessary, change the ExplorerBar to Folders by clicking View
Menu, ExplorerBar, Folders.
- In the ExplorerBar, click on folders until you come
to your Mgt4322 folder. Keep the Mgt4322 folder selected, but use the
downward arrow to show the stupub.stjohns.edu folder, if necessary.
You may right click the stupub.stjohns.edu folder, click properties, and
verify your Username appears in the ftp Location.
Then, in the righthand windowpane, drag and drop the port
folder to the stupub.stjohns.edu folder in the lefthand ExplorerBar.
- If you have problems, close all open applications,
reopen Microsoft Internet Explorer, and redo Steps 4.a-d above.
Requirements - see
Homework Set II.
- To do this, use the Internet Explorer to print your copy of Showcase.htm on stupub.
Please make sure that the footer displays the
filename and path, such as
I wish to verify that you have copied the port
folder and not just one file to the stupub server.
(This page was last edited on
February 21, 2010